Sutshekhar (Swarnyukt) Ras
Shudh (purified) Parad 1 Tola and Shudh Gandhak 1 Tola are blended to form a Kajjali. Swarn Bhasma 1 Tola, Shudh Tankan 1 Tola, Shudh Vatsanabh 1 Tola, Shunthi 1 Tola, Shudh Dhattur Beej (Beej == Seed) Churn 1 Tola, Tamra Bhasma 1 Tola, Twak 1 Tola, Tamalpatra (Leaves of Twak are known as Tamalpatra) 1 Tola, Ela 1 Tola, Naagkeshar 1 Tola, Shankh Bhasma 1 Tola, Bilva Phalmajja (Phalmajja == Fruit pulp) 1 Tola and Karchur 1 Tola are mixed with the Kajjali to form a fine blend. The Kajjali mixture is processed with Bhringraaj Swaras for 21 days till a uniform blend is achieved. Everyday fresh Swaras is added. This formulation is called Sutshekhar Ras.
Sutshekhar (Swarnyukt) Ras - Ingredient Details
- The above preparation method of Sutshekhar Ras is also mentioned in the treatise Siddhyogsangrah.
- Sutshekhar is a very popular formulation amongst Vaidya (Ayurveda Physician) community. Hence Sutshekhar Ras has undergone many transitions with respect to its contents and preparation method over a period of time.
- Sutshekhar Ras described by Yog-Ratnakar has Swarn Bhasma as a content. Hence it is also known as Swarn-Sootshekhar Ras.
- Many Vaidyas prepare Sootshekhar Ras without Swarn Bhasma. Certain Vaidyas add Swarn-Makshik Bhasma in place of Swarn Bhasma to prepare Sutshekhar Ras.
- Kajjali prepared in the above formulation must adhere or comply with the Kajjali preparation description and standards as mentioned in various Ayurveda treatise.(see glossary)
- 1 Tola approx. 11gm